Summer Squash 2 Ways
– 2 summer squash / zucchinis, washed
Slice one zucchini in half, lengthwise
Slice one zucchini in half, crosswise on a bias, and slice each half thinly lengthwise
– 1Tbsp. Avocado oil
– 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
– 3 large garlic cloves, minced
– Kosher salt
– ½ lemon, juiced
– 1 tsp. marjoram
1. Heat grill to ~475°-500° F. Take the two zucchini halves and brush avocado oil on the flesh. Then place the zucchini on the grill, flesh side down. Press down evenly for about 2-3 minutes. Do not move the zucchini slices.
2. Then turn the slices 45° and repeat. (Turning it 45° will achieve the traditional criss-cross marks.)
3. Remove the zucchini halves from the grill. Slice each grilled piece in half again on a bias. Season with salt and about half of the lemon juice. Set aside.
4. In a sauté pan, lightly brown the minced garlic in olive oil over medium high heat. Once the garlic starts to get color, add the thin, zucchini slices and sauté until the zucchini slices are coated in oil and garlic and translucent.
5. Remove the slices from the heat. Season them with salt and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
6. Assemble the sautéed zucchini slices with the grilled zucchini. Sprinkle marjoram, and serve.