Early bird gets the worm, and that worm takes the form of fun prizes!! If you place your order for our Local Roots markets by May 1, here are fun things to look forward to
– Share prices might increase. Take advantage of prices before that happens!
– Lunch coupon to Dig Inn
Dig Inn serves seasonal, American food—using local ingredients. In the community, they’re partnering with organizations to support the next generation of chefs and culinary leaders through education and training.
– Tour of Fine + Raw Chocolate Factory
When: Friday, July 14 at 11m
Unfortunately, they are not in production on the weekend. If you have a 9 to 5 job, take a staycation day off and learn all about chocolate!
FINE & RAW’s mission is to save the world through silliness and chocolate! They craft artisan confections using conscious ingredients and innovative low heat techniques to keep the chocolate’s raw vitality and flavor. During your tour you will get to see the journey of the cacao from bean to bar, and after try some of their favorite chocolate flavors that have made FINE & RAW a local favorite.
– Tour of Sfoglini Pasta with their owner
When: Tuesday, June 20th and Wednesday, July 12th at 10am
Unfortunately, they are not in production later in the day If you have a 9 to 5 job, take a break from work and learn all about chocolate!
Based in Bedstuy, Sfoglini’s traditional offerings include sixteen organic durum semolina pastas plus a series of New York State grain pastas made with organic whole-grain, rye, emmer, einkorn and spelt flours. In addition to their signature pastas, Sfoglini also produces a line of seasonal pastas made with fresh, local ingredients from local farms.
– Ticket to a Think Olio class of your choice, while supplies last
Think Olio was created for those who want to keep learning. With salon-style classes taught by college professors, they’ve cut the excess out of education – the costs, the tests and grades, the fluorescent lighting, and people who don’t really want to be there.
– Local Roots Soil to City notebook, designed by one of our community members while supplies last
– 2 fish fillets caught in local waters, part of our Fish Share. The fish is flash frozen and will be delivered to you the first week of our Summer market season. While supplies last for orders over $600.
Beyond great prizes, it’s important to place your orders early so that our farmers can plan accordingly. When you get your food through Local Roots, each seed planted and every carrot harvested is done specifically with you in mind.