Watercress with Rice Wine Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 medium cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 lb watercress
Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce, (recipe follows)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 stalks scallions, chopped
1/2 lb ground pork
chili flakes (optional)
1. Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or large skillet over high heat
2. Swirl canola oil into the pan, add garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add ground pork, cook through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add watercress and stir-fry until it just begins to wilt, about 1 minute.
5. Stir Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce, scallions, and red chili flakes (optional) into pan; stir-fry until the watercress is just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Stir in sesame oil. Remove garlic and serve.
Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Shao Hsing rice wine, (see Note) or dry sherry
2 teaspoons oyster-flavored sauce, or vegetarian oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt