2 ripe peaches chopped into cubes
1 small diced shallot
handful of parsley
1 garlic clove minced
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 limes juice
1 jalapeno minced
1.Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Add salt to taste.
2.Cover with saran wrap and let sit for at least 30 minutes- 60 minutes.
Peach and Blueberry Galette:
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar for sprinkling
1 tsp. cinnamon for sprinkling on the crust
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 stick cold butter
3 Tbsp. water
2 cups blueberries
3 medium sized peaches sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 fresh lemons juice
2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (clove, allspice, cinnamon, ginger)
1/2 tsp. of extra cinnamon and ginger
Make the crust:
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Pulse a few times just to combine.
2. Add butter and pulse until it is the size of peas.
3. Add water and pulse until dough comes together.
4. Form dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. On a piece of parchment paper lightly dusted with flour, roll out the dough to an 11-inch round.
6. Transfer the dough, on the parchment, to a baking sheet. Chill for 5 minutes.
Make the filling and assemble the pie:
1. Toss the blueberries and peaches with the sugar, spices, cornstarch and lemon juice.
2. Mound them up in the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border all around.
3. Fold the exposed edges of the dough over the berries.
4. Sprinkle the tart with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400°F.
7. Bake the galette until the fruit mixture is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, about 40-minutes.
8. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Half pound peaches
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons honey
4 cups dried fruit
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
salt pepper chili flakes
dash of cinnamon and coriander
1 tablespoon mustard
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine all of the ingredients except for mustard and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and let sit on stove top until room temperature. Add mustard.
Enjoy cold with crackers, bread , cheese and charcuterie.
Basque Peach Almond Tart
3 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs and 3 yolks
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb. peaches, sliced thinly
zest from 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1. Heat the oven to 325 F.
2. Mix the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and cream together and then add the eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix together the flours, baking powder and salt, and then stir into the wet ingredients above.
4. Combine and form into 2 even disks, wrap and chill for at least an hour.
5. Roll out both disks. Place one of the disks in a 9-inch cake pan, covering the bottom. This will be the bottom layer of the tart.
6. Spread the yogurt on the bottom of the tart.
7. Mix all the filling ingredients together and then place on top of the first layer of dough. 8. Cover with the second rolled-out layer of dough, fully covering the filling.
9. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until darker golden brown. Let cool for an hour or more and then serve.