Spicy Chipotle Mayo Tuna With Green Apples
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 fillet of tuna from Local Roots NYC or from your local fish monger
- 1 green apple from Local Roots NYC (choose any variety that is tart and crisp)
- Sourdough bread (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Rinse your tuna and pat dry.
- Mix together the water and Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo in a large bowl. Marinade your fish in the mixture for 30 min (keep the bowl in the fridge during the marinade process).
- Preheat oven to 450. Place the tuna on baking tray and sprinkle sesame seeds, salt, and pepper on top.
- Bake the tuna for 5 min per every 1/2 inch of thickness for a medium cook. You can opt to leave the fish in the oven for a few minutes longer if you prefer the meat well-done, but be wary of over cooking it– tuna can easily dry out!
- Remove the tuna from the oven, and let cool.
- Thinly slice your apple.
- Place your tuna on a slice of hearty sourdough bread (or skip the bread if that’s your thing). Slather on a layer of Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo, and then add 1-2 slices of crisp green apple.
Sea Bass with Sweet Potatoes on Peruvian Paprika and Yellow Chili Sauce
Pickled black radish:
- 1 whole black radish washed and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt -to taste
Boil the water and vinegar and add the sugar and salt, taste as you go to adjust to your pallete. Pour over the radishes and let cool to room temp and reserve.
Wash thoroughly and add salt, pepper and olive oil, wrap in foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 375F for about 25 min until the sweet potato is soft. Peel, slice and reserve.
- Sea bass
Season well with Salt and Pepper and Sear in a hot pan: about 4-5 min on each side.
- 4 cups of fish stock reduced to 2 cups.
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 tomatoes diced and seeded
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs of Peruvian Yellow Chili Paste or use your favorite chili paste.
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
In a pan, saute onion, garlic, and ginger with salt, pepper, and oil, once translucent, add the paprika and cumin.
Add the chili paste and saute well. Add the fish stock and once it boils, place in blender and then pass it through a sieve.
Return to stove and reduce, adjust seasoning and finish with 2 tbs of unsalted butter.