Eager to be more involved in our Local Roots Food System? We welcome all kinds of skills to contribute to the work we do – only through communal efforts can we build this beautiful, virtuous cycle of Soil to City.
Please email [email protected] to be involved. Available projects listed below – feel free to share a talent or idea with us if it’s not listed!
Web Developers / Designers – Help with website user experience, customizing site, design layout * project priority*
Videography / Photography – take footage of farms, help create recipe tutorials, or document our markets
Illustrators / Graphic Design – create visual recipes, diagrams, or infographics, design format for our recipe cards, create new info postcards on Local Roots NYC and how to join our markets, help us design neighborhood outreach flyers * project priority*
Cartographer – create a map of the farms we work with and our market locations
App Developer – help us build an app!
Chefs – Recipe Development, Cooking Workshops, Video Tutorials, Cooking Clubs, Cooking Storylines, Ask a Chef column
Nutritionists – offering services, fun facts, recipes
Food Professors, Speakers and Food Influencers – be part of our food related events, be a guest lecturer
Fundraisers / Partnership Developers – Find financial, booze, or product sponsors for various events and initiatives * project priority*
Linguists / Poets – Find language, write content, or help us create our own new language that describes our Local Roots food system * project priority*
Advertisement / Marketing – general help
Community Organizers – Help us empower others to build their own Local Roots communities
Journalists / Media – Tell the story of Local Roots NYC, share our sustainable cooking tips, dive deep into the life on a farm, show how food comes into the city, get to know a female owned and female operated small business seeking to make a conscious and mindful impact on NYC culture.
Multimedia / Technology – Using technology to connect members in our community to each other
Writers – Help write content for our blog or refine our website content
Social Media – Pinterest
Event Planners – Help us plan fun events
Health Care Employees – We’d love to make eating healthy part of a health insurance’s reimbursement program.
– Reach out to your favorite companies to be part of our Local Roots Member benefits card *project priority*
– Ask your school, other institution, or favorite Farm to Table restaurant if they would like to purchase locally grown and fresh foods through Local Roots NYC *project priority*
– Put up a flyer!
– Ask your office if they would like a Local Roots Market available for employees, cater your meetings and events with our new Cheese Board Share, propose team building through a Local Roots farm trip, dinner party, or homesteading party
– Work at a company that is value aligned with Local Roots NYC? Let’s partner on an event!
– Write thank you and order reminder cards to Local Roots members